Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 18 minutes
6 oz low fat Greek Yogurt
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 ¼ tsp salt
1 ½ lbs zucchini shredded
2/3 cup sliced scallions
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 egg yolk (beaten)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup canola or olive oil
- Heat oven to 200 F
- In small bowl mix yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and ¼ tsp salt until smooth in texture
- Combine zucchini, scallions, cilantro, egg, flour, 1 tsp salt and the pepper into a bowl (tip: squeeze zucchini out to remove extra moisture
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan, add zucchini mixture in ¼ cup portions.
- Flatten fritters with spatula until they are about 3 inches in diameter
- Cook for 3 minutes or until brown, flip and cook for 3 minutes
- Place fritters onto baking sheet or tray and place in oven to keep warm
- Repeat cooking method until all fritters are cooked, serve with lime yogurt and enjoy!
Nutrition Information for 1 Fritter: 79 Calories, 5 g Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 3 g Protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 254 mg Sodium, 18 mg Cholesterol
*Tip: to lower sodium content use half the amount of salt in the recipe!