Composed of about 93% carbohydrate and about 100 calories, a medium size banana is a versatile, nutrient dense, delicious snack at any time!
A banana will provide you with essential nutrition including:
- Carbohydrates for energy
- Vitamin A, and C, a whole bunch of B vitamins
- 2 to 3 grams protein
- Prebiotics: Prebiotics are needed to help probiotics (the good kind of bacteria) grow and promote a healthy digestive system
- Potassium to help protect against high blood pressure
- Tryptophan, serotonin, norepinephrine each of which cab help prevent and improve depression
- Bananas can also help alleviate heart burn by suppressing acid in digestion
How can you add more banana into your day?
- Add a banana to:
- A fruit smoothie
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Bowl of cereal or Greek Yogurt
Add a little peanut butter to a banana to give you essential protein and energy prior to your workout
- This is an easily digestible snack
- With less fiber than other fruits, bananas will not cause you intestinal distress during your workout
Do you have a creative way to incorporate more fruit into your diet? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .