Takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp low fat cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- Thinly slice the onion and pepper.
- Using a little olive oil, sauté onion and pepper in pan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and pepper until soft
- In separate pot add 3 to 4 inches of water, boil water and add 2 tbsp vinegar
- When water starts to boil, reduce heat to a simmer
- Now it is time to add the spinach to the onions and pepper. Saute the spinach briefly (about 1 minute) until it is wilted.
- To poach the eggs: Crack in a small bowl one at a time and then drop into the simmering water one at a time.
- Allow eggs to cook for about 3 minutes (longer it cooks, the more firm it will be)
- Once eggs are cooked to desire firmness, place the spinach, peppers and onion on two plates. Place eggs on top of veggies, add a little bit of low fat cheese, pepper and enjoy!
- *Make your eggs and veggies to go by adding them to Whole Wheat Toast or English muffin.