Short on time in the morning? Trying to follow a healthy diet and get good nutrition despite your busy schedule? Try this delicious, and quick breakfast idea:
- 1 Egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 slice fat-free or low fat cheese
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1. In microwave safe bowl add egg or egg substitute, cover with a sheet of wax paper. Heat for 1 minute (note: you may need to stop and stir egg with a fork). Egg is done when it has formed a solid patty.
- 2. Toast English muffin in toaster oven while egg is cooking
- 3. Once the English muffin is toasted, add the egg patty, and slice of cheese (add a little mustard or butter the toast for flavor), add a dash of pepper
- Grab a piece of fruit (banana, grapes, berries, apple, peach) and Go!
This is a great low calorie breakfast idea that will give you great protein, fiber, and energy to fuel your morning. No excuses, you can make this in 5 minutes!